I have written before about the many reasons why learning to love yourself is the fundamental first step in getting your life to ‘take off’.
Here are a few simple tips on how to love yourself more:
- Realize that you are an immortal, powerful creator made from the God Mind itself.
- Make a list of things that you find difficult, hard, or impossible to do… and DO them. Esteem for oneself is built by doing what is hard. (Do what’s easy and life becomes hard; do what’s hard, and life becomes easy). Remember, until you value yourself, don’t expect others to.
- Follow your heart and live a life that is authentic to your true calling and your values.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and say: “I Love You. I Love You. I Love You.” until you have tears come to your eyes.
- Forgive yourself. Realize that you always did the best you could, with the resources that you had – and you are always doing the best you can, with the resources that you have. No matter what you have done, or not done, you are worthy of love. (I recommend the ‘Golden Altar of Forgiveness’ exercise by Stewart Swerdlow).
- Cut out of your life the people, habits, and things that make you feel bad.
- Surround yourself with positive, upbeat people that make you feel good about yourself.
- Use positive affirmations every day, such as: “I am Amazing! I Am Inspiration! I Am Power!” “I Love and Accept Myself!” “Everyday In Every Way I Am Better and Better!”
- Help people! Make a difference in people’s lives. Show people more love, and you will receive way more love back!